This is a 4 oz (125 gr) pure gold graphite crucible for R9-4 metal melting kiln and for other applications with heating temperatures up to 1832F (1100C). It is made from a high purity graphite and is fully suitable for about 5-7 gold melting processes. Should be used with a graphite protector paint.
– volume: 4 oz (125 g) of pure gold;
– material – GMMG graphite;
– OD – 1.4/5″(45 mm)d top x 1″(26 mm)d bottom x 2.2/5″(60 mm)high;
– ID – 3/5″(16 mm)d x 1.4/5″(45 mm)high;
– the crucible’s weight – 45 g.
Useful tips for beginners:
Use a graphite protector liquid (paint) to make your graphite crucible high temperature release to protect it from disintegration.